Resiliency Summit 2018 "Freedom"

More
07 Mar 2019 19:46 - 08 Mar 2019 20:21 #47 by Molly
Molly created the topic: Resiliency Summit 2018 "Freedom"
There are times when the universe aligns with your passion, love and/or desire and provides you a most magical experience. Experiencing the 2018 Quantum House Resiliency Summit: Freedom was such an event for me. For three days last November in São Paulo, Brazil, local and international speakers converged to speak on resiliency of the self, relationships, and career. We were fortunate to have a team of four attend. Glen Fahs, Michelle Atlas, Kristin Pintarich, and me.

When my husband, Al Siebert, died 9 1/2 years ago, I had a very strong yearning that his work in resiliency continue. The Al Siebert Resiliency Center (ASRC) continues Al's work through our website, speaking engagements, training, and new Coaching packages. We have had numerous people indicating a significant impact from Al's work and our resiliency center work. I have loved and appreciated each person who has indicated this impact on their lives.

Yet it was not until the Resiliency Summit that I experienced the most loving, physical, kinetic appreciation of Al's work. Each time I talked with Claudia over the last 10+ years, she has expressed the impact Al and his work has had on her work and life. While I could appreciate the significance Al had on Claudia during her phone calls, it wasn't until we entered the first meet-and-greet session at the Resiliency Summit that I visually and physically understood the significance of Al's work to Claudia. I saw his work channeled through her reaching out to other people and impacting their lives. Many came up to us to say, "We have heard so much about you and Al; it's a pleasure to meet you," and usually follow that with a hug.

Having said that, I must also say the Brazilians we met were very engaged with each other and thrive on the connections they've created. I picked up on this not only at the Summit, but by watching Brazilians at almost every corner engaged in some conversation with one another. Observing this activity truly struck a chord in my soul that is attracted to connections and engagement.

I am sorry to say that writing about this experience does not do it justice. The experience of warmth, love, engagement and seeing the expression of others impacted by Al's work (through Claudia's work) was truly wonderful. You truly need to experience Brazilian life to understand and feel what I am trying to describe.

~ Molly Siebert, Director, Al Siebert Resiliency Center
"My life sings of connections with life, spirit and you!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Resilitator.com © Al Siebert Resiliency Center
PO Box 505
Portland, Oregon 97207 USA

Contact Us